- October 24,1987 - first organizational meeting held
- November 29, 1987 - first service held in the Convent of St. Helena in Augusta
- January 17 & 24,1988 - first membership class held
- February 2, 1988 - meeting of first advisory board
- July 1990 - church status changed from New Work to Commissioned
- April 21, 1991 - Reverend Joe Whitley chosen to be the first pastor
- November 17, 1992 - church moved to 609 Shartom Drive and Debbie Rutledge chosen as Lay Leader
- April 1993 - Rutledge resigned as Lay Leader and Jeff Pullium names as Lay Leader
- Novemeber 12-14, 1993- hosted the Fall District Conference
- July 1995 - Jeff Pullium represented the church at the UFMCC General Conference held in Atlanta
- 1996 - services being held at the Ramada Hotel
- March 1997 - church moved to 924 Greene Street
- Novemeber 1998 - Pullium named as minister
- 1997 - Church's 10th anniversary
- 1998 - Articles of Incorporation submitted
- 1999 - hosted the District Conference
- May 2000 - church moved to 311 7th street.
- Fall 2000 - Metropolitan Community Church of Augusta officially changed name to the Metropolitan Community Church of Our Redeemer.
- April 2001 - church by-laws created
- Fall 2011 - church granted the status of a Commissioned Church
- Fall 2011 - congregational care, discipleship, outreach and worship committees formed
- September 29, 2003 - papers signed to purchase church at current location of 557 Greene St.
Church of Our Redeemer serving the Central Savannah River Area in South Carolina and Georgia
To read a more detailed history click on the links below.